Pages

Wednesday 11 May 2011

Canada...first 24 hours!

The first 24 hours of my time in Canada has been amazing to say the least, firstly the rockys are beautiful from a plane.. and theres lots of snow.. good signs for a sick season. The people in Canada are super nice too, I saw a huge difference between canadian customs and US customs. I had a bit of a bad experience with Air Canada and my kayak, and it is now a refugee in LAX but I have been told that it will get here, eventually.... lucky I have already met lots of cool kayakers. So the jet lag has definitely taken a bit of a toll as I woke up at 5 this morning and couldn't get back to sleep but the best way to cure that is go for a massive walk around calgary getting used to the scene and then of course.. kayaking :) Mitch, Dean, Leela and myself headed to the elbow and I couldn't stop smiling, pretty awesome to go kayaking within the first 24 hours of being in Canada. The scenery is amazing and the kayaking was awesome. The elbow creek is apparently the after work run, which I am now jealous of as it is sick. here are some pictures of my first canadian adventure.

The team getting ready... yes that is snow


The Badger..


I had to take a picture of it....


Mitch!!


The gang in all their gear.. yes that is a new helmet... 


At the put in... this is around 8 oclock.


Elbow Falls


First drop in Canada! (P. Dean Woodgate)


STOKED!! (P. Dean Woodgate)


Leela styling (P. Dean Woodgate)


Mitch on his "after work run" (P. Dean Woodgate)

First part of the slide


Dean and Mitch blue angel styles


Second part of the slide!


Awesome whitewater with the most amazing scenery


Going for it! (P. Mitch Suliak)


We were having so much fun we walked up and did it again... (P. Mitch Suliak)


Leela Playing in the snow


End of the first 24 Hours


This road must be gnarly!


and this is around 9.30.. the sun doesn't go down until 10.30

Im already in love with canada, the people, the scenery and the kayaking... and there is plenty more to come! Stay tuned and keep the flow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment